- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date Posted: February 9, 2017
- Application Deadline: March 17, 2017
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting civic engagement and citizen participation, is accepting applications for a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for the management of all financial, and administrative activities of Eurasia Foundation (EF). DFA will oversee accounting, payroll, annual organization-wide budgeting, cost proposal development, donor reporting and compliance, grant making and grants management, human resources, office management, procurement and IT operations. DFA will lead a team of eight staff and directly supervise five. Ability to travel internationally is expected.
Accounting, Finance, and Grants Management
- Prepare EF’s annual budget and multi-year financial projections;
- Oversee the development of budgeting system to monitor receipt and expenditure of donor and unrestricted funds;
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports for the Finance and Audit Committee, senior management and the staff. Produce insightful and critical analysis of EF’s financial position;
- Coordinate cash flow management;
- Develop and implement internal control procedures for EF and monitor compliance to ensure safeguarding and proper use of EF’s assets and donor funds;
- Oversee the independent audit by outside auditors;
- Coordinate preparation and submission of IRS Form 990;
- Act as primary financial and contractual liaison with donors;
- Oversee or lead preparation of cost proposals to donors;
- Oversee or lead preparation of financial reports to donors;
- Oversee banking operations;
- Ensure EF’s accounting policies are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal procedures established by the Board of Trustees. Oversee modifications to accounting policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Finance & Audit Committee and the investment broker to manage EF's investment portfolio;
- Oversee EF’s grant making and grants management;
- Supervise Accounting Manager, Financial Analyst and Grants Manager.
Human Resources, Administration and IT Operations
- Oversee and ensure the effective delivery of EF’s HR, administration and IT services;
- Ensure EF’s compensation system is competitive, equitable, and in compliance with all applicable regulations;
- Supervise provision of business insurance liability, workers’ compensation, and foreign packages;
- Supervise procurement and administration of contracts, subcontracts, and consultant agreements and ensure their compliance with donor agreements and USG requirements;
- Manage office space issues including lease and landlord issues and sub-tenant lease issues;
- Oversee maintenance and service on office equipment and leases;
- Supervise HR & Administration Manager and IT Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or business administration is required. CPA certification or post-graduate degree is preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior financial management position in a non-profit organization, preferably in the international development field;
- Combination of years of experience and education is acceptable;
- Working knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and USAID regulations is required. Experience in managing field financial operations is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, analytical and problem solving skills are required;
- Experience with automated accounting systems is required;
- Knowledge of Russian, Farsi, or Arabic is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "DFA" in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.