• Location: Washington, D.C.
• Date Posted: December 20, 2016
• Application Deadline: Open until filled
• Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting civic engagement and citizen participation, is accepting applications for a Proposal Associate.
As a key member of EF’s New Business Development Department, the Proposal Associate supports the entire proposal process from beginning to end, including donor and opportunity research, bid tracking and analysis, proposal design and writing, key personnel recruitment, and proposal packaging and submission. This position reports to the New Business Development Manager.
• Regularly track donor websites for RFAs and funding opportunities in line with EF’s strategic plan and priorities;
• Prepare and disseminate summaries on potential opportunities to program development and senior management teams; support analysis of opportunities and development of capture strategies.
• Prepare technical proposal sections and annexes, including capacity statements, key personnel summary of qualifications, CVs, and other sections as requested by the proposal manager.
• Format and package final proposals.
• Prepare development briefs on EF business development activities for senior management and board of trustees;
• Perform sector and opportunity-specific research to inform bid preparation and design;
• Support recruitment of key personnel and subject-matter experts, including development of scopes of work, letters of commitment. and contracts;
• Maintain and update the proposal pipeline, past performance information, and business development files and archives;
• Other duties as requested.
• At least three years of international development experience; familiarity with at least one EF practice area.
• Demonstrated experience in proposal development or program backstopping for USG-funded projects required;
• Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills;
• Previous technical writing experience strongly preferred;
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, international affairs, area studies or another relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred;
• Proven ability to multitask, work in team settings and perform under time-sensitive deadlines;
• Russian or Arabic language skills highly desirable.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PA” in the subject line.
No calls please.