Under the supervision of the Director of New Business Development, the Proposal Manager is responsible for securing new business in our practice areas. The Proposal Manager will play a lead role in producing high quality proposals to US Government and non-USG donors. This position may involve up to 25 percent travel to support capture and proposal development.
• Lead and manage proposal development from solicitation analysis through technical and cost application development, submission, and award negotiation; serve as lead technical writer on proposals as needed.
• Participate in bid/no-bid decision-making process;
• Contribute to the development and execution of capture strategies, including competitiveness analyses;
• Identify and lead outreach to new partners and prospective donors;
• Develop proposal checklists and calendars; assemble and manage bid teams, ensuring adherence to deadlines and responsiveness to solicitations;
• Manage development of statements of interest and concept notes in response to RFA/RFPs;
• Ensure proposals’ technical compliance and timely submission in accordance with RfA and donor requirements. In consultation with the Director of New Business Development negotiate roles and funding levels with potential partner organizations, manage technical and cost inputs from partners, serve as point of contact throughout partner negotiations;
• Mentor and support professional development of junior staff members;
• Work with Finance Department to develop cost proposals;
• Contribute to multi-year organizational strategies and annual business development plans;
• Contribute to development and refinement of business development tools, protocols, and processes as needed;
• Represent EF at donor and partner meetings, conferences and events, as needed;
• Other relevant duties as required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MANAGER” in the subject line.
No calls please.