• Location: Washington DC
• Date Posted: December 23, 2016
• Application Deadline: Open until filled
• Job Type: Full-time, paid internship
EF’s U.S.-Russia Social Expertise Exchange is seeking an energetic and skilled Program Intern to support the program’s efforts. Under the Program Officer’s supervision, the selected individual will contribute to oversight of a portfolio of projects, conduct research, and present recommendations to senior staff members, draft a variety of technical documents, assist with arranging international exchanges, communicate with program participants in English and Russian, and perform other duties as assigned.
Please note that we are seeking candidates with strong Russian language skills.
• Support the implementation of the assigned portfolio of projects;
• Support project start-up and closeout processes;
• Contribute to the evaluation of project design, strategy, and proposed activities;
• Track project progress to ensure achievement of stated objectives;
• Maintain frequent contact with project participants;
• Draft a variety of technical documents;
• Ensure project compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
Planning and Execution of Events and International Exchanges
• Assist with arranging meetings, workshops, trainings, and international exchanges;
• Draft written materials for the events, including orientation packages for participants.
Research and Special Initiatives
• Research information using a variety of sources;
• Synthesize researched information and present it in a clear and concise manner;
• Draft summaries offering recommendations to senior staff;
• Assist in preparation of strategies and written materials for fundraising efforts;
• Assist in design and coordination of activities related to special initiatives.
Successful candidates must: 1) be authorized to work in the United States of America, 2) be located in the Washington, DC metro area by the commencement of the internship.
• Bachelor's degree in international relations, area studies, or related field;
• Work experience in Russia desired;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines while quickly producing high quality work is essential;
• Strong research, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills are required;
• Advanced MS Office experience required;
• Fluency in English language, especially in written and spoken communication;
• Strong speaking, reading, writing, and translation ability in Russian is required, fluency in Russian is preferred.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "ProgramInt" in the subject line. Please indicate your level of Russian language proficiency in the cover letter using the following categories: native; fluent; intermediate.